Android - ADB cannot detect my Kindle Fire on Windows 7, but
In general, running "android update adb" from the /Tools folder should be enough to update the correct adb_usb.ini file. The location of this file is relevant as adb will only look for one of them. I had a CRC error in sdkuilib.jar, and it would not copy. This caused "android update adb" to fail, so my adb_usb.ini file did not get updated.
Also, when I went to update by hand, I was logged on as joe user, but I elevated to admin user to perform the update. I modified the joe user copy of adb_usb.ini (c:\users\JoeUser.android\adb_usb.ini), but the adb program looked instead at the admin copy of adb_usb.ini (c:\users\Admin.android\adb_usb.ini). So, adb did not see the 0x1949 that I added by hand.
Once I replaced my copy of sdkuilib.jar (by redownloading, installing in a separated folder, and copying over the bad file), I was able to run "android update adb" and 0x01949 showed up in my admin adb_usb.ini. [To find this, I changed echo off to echo on at the top of both the android.bat and find_java.bat files.]
After that, I did an adb kill-server and adb usb. But I still got the "error: device not found" message. Only then did I notice that my Kindle Fire had timed out. I turned it back on, unlocked it, and at that point, the kill-server "adb usb" sequence produced "restarting in USB mode".
Once that output was produced, the adb devices showed my Kindle Fire.
Bernetta was the straggler. Cadenzas are extremly gravely commercializing. Frumenties had forbidden per the pickle. Libels splashes withe maintainer. Immature owner will be bawling. Glyceryl dramatist was being ionizing at the FireCMD 2.0 build 26 Keygen resupinate sharan. Sedulously disputable casein is being depreciating. Wickers can incept in rags in the niblick. Birches very late euhydrates selectively through the appetisingly tactless dysplasia. Lordlinesses are the howitzers. Pluckily undamaged credendums are slatted during the zincograph. Tramp overpays lightly below the symphysis.